5.4.15

A Walk Today with Calvin

The big kids were playing basketball today ... with Calvin's favorite green basketball that Santa brought him for Christmas. He wasn't thrilled with the situation. So, I asked him to take a special walk just with Mom! 

Things Calvin Jesse said on our walk:

"Mom! I'm a good runner! I'm fast!" [as he's running ahead]

"Sneak, sneak, sneak, sneak!" [as we're going around a parked car]

"Oh my gosh! Look at that big bush! It's dead!"

"Little purple poopies touched with yellow pee!" [upon seeing pansies]

"Mom, can we stop now? I can't walk all the time." [upon deciding to play with the monster truck car he'd been alternately carrying and chewing on]

"Mom, can you hold me?" ... "MOM!!!"

And then finally there was the following conversation, which I think just about sums up his 4.5-year-old self:

[Jenny]: "Calvin, who do you want to be like when you grow up?"
[Calvin]: "A truck."
[Jenny]: "You don't want to be like a person? You want to be like a truck?"
[Calvin]: "Yeah."

We sure love him.



No comments:

Post a Comment