29.9.10

A post for Uncle

Miss Lu and her Uncle Steven celebrate Lucy's fifth birthday with ample amounts of silliness (and a game of hide the pink sand-filled balloon ball)
Lucy and her Uncle Steven have always been close. Maybe it was the whole being in Utah together while he was at BYU, or maybe it was something else ...



Like how he bought her her first car ...


Or spent a lot of time showing her cars online ...

All I know is, I'm pretty sure we have Uncle Steven to thank for the following story. On Monday, Miss Lucy and I drove over to a friend's house to deliver a loaf of bread. As we pulled up, Lucy asked which house we were going to.

"The one with the car in the driveway," I replied.

"You mean the one that has Nana's car?" she asked. I looked over and saw a silver car.

"Yes, the one with the silver car," I said.

"No, Mom, it doesn't just look like Nana's car, it's exactly like Nana's car!" insisted Lucy. I looked closer, and saw that it was indeed a Honda CRV, silver with black interior. It looked something like this:

(2009 Honda CRV courtesy of dieselstation.com)
Uncle Steven, all your hard work is paying off. Your niece notices cars in greater detail than her mother. You would have been proud :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment