4.5.11

Love and sharks

Lucy came home from kindergarten with this lovely drawing yesterday (click on the images for the full effect):

It's a home on a hill with music coming out of it. In the window sits a family of four around a table with a book (the scriptures?) on it.

She wrote the words to the song below: "I see my mother kneeling with her family each day, I hear the words she whispers as she bows her head to pray. The sum of the kingdom quiets her fear. And I'm thankful, Love is spoken here." The words are a little inventive in places, but you get the gist of what's going on. 

I felt like a great mom to know that my daughter was drawing such lovely pictures at school. Obviously it reflected well upon my mothering that she feels her home is safe, secure, full of music and love.

Then I turned the paper over.

What's that? A shark crying out "oh no" as he's speared in the head with a giant harpoon? And a sad octopus cowering in fear in his cave as another shark with many sharp teeth approaches (and has that shark just vomited? Or is he about to eat tiny fish?). 

Oh. Oh I see.




1 comment: